Apparently the original ‘Alfredo’ is simply melted parmesan and butter coating pasta, but I think the modern addition of cream makes the more modern version far more luxurious and definitely keto-friendly! As ever, I’ve used my trusty, versatile, shirataki noodles, but this would also work great with courgettini (zoodles), or other low carb pasta alternatives. Serve with buttered green veg for a more rounded meal.
Smoked Salmon & Prawn Shirataki Alfredo
4 g carbs, 32 g protein /serving (remember to calculate based on your own specific ingredient brands!)
- 60 g Smoked Salmon (cut into slices)
- 75 g Cooked Prawns
- 170 g Shirataki Noodles
- 30 g Parmesan (grated)
- 60 ml Double Cream
- 0.5 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 15 g Butter
- Freshly chopped parsley & lemon to garnish (optional)
- Step 1 Prepare the Shirataki noodles as per packet instructions (usually drain, rinse, boil for 2 mins, rinse) and set aside.
- Step 2 Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic.
- Step 3 Stir in the cream and bring to just below simmering. Add the parmesan and stir until melted.
- Step 4 Add the drained noodles and mix well to coat.
- Step 5 Add the prawns and break up the sliced salmon into the pan and stir well to combine.
- Step 6 Serve immediately, garnished with the parsley and lemon.