Everyone has their own personal version of a bolognaise sauce. This is mine.
Keto-friendly (low onion, no carrots etc), I use garlic granules and onion salt as I think you get more of the flavour for less of the carbs.
I served mine with freshly spiralised courgetti, but you could use any pasta alternative or even stuff an aubergine with the sauce (and top with cheese!)
5 g carbs, 25 g protein/serving
- 500 g Beef Mince (12% fat)
- 1 tin (400 g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 100 g Bacon Lardons
- 1 tsp Garlic granules
- 1 tsp Onion salt
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- Step 1 In a large saucepan, fry the bacon until golden brown. Add the beef and cook until browned through.
- Step 2 Add all other ingredients, stir well and allow to cook on a low heat for at LEAST 15 minutes – the longer you allow it, the better the flavours will be. (I like to cook mine for at least an hour, let it stand to cool and either reheat or freeze portions for future use)
- Step 3 If serving with courgetti, whilst reheating, melt a little butter in a frying pan and stir fry the courgette until just soft. Serve immediately before they go soggy!