This is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE pasta recipes, so I’ve been very excited to keto-fy it. The strong flavours of the spicy chorizo and sundried tomatoes, make this a great way for shirataki noodle sceptics to give them a try, as you really can’t taste them! The aubergine is great for adding additional bulk and ‘bite’ to the dish.
Chorizo, Aubergine and Sundried Tomato 'Pasta'
13 g carbs, 19 g protein /serving
- 70 g Chorizo, diced
- 100 g Aubergine, diced
- 170 g Shirataki Noodles
- 10 g (Dry) Sundried Tomatoes, diced
- 10 g Pitted Olives, halved
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 0.5 tsp Chilli flakes
- 10 g Parmesan, grated (to serve)
- Step 1 Prepare the noodles as per packet instructions (usually drain, rinse, boil for 2 mins, drain and rinse again) and set aside.
- Step 2 In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and cook the chorizo over medium heat until just browning. Add the garlic, aubergine, sundried tomatoes, chilli and olives, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the aubergine is soft.
- Step 3 Add the tomato paste with approximately 2-3 tbsp water and bring to simmering point to make into a thick sauce.
- Step 4 Add the noodles, stirring well to coat thoroughly.
- Step 5 Serve immediately, topped with the parmesan.