Last week, I really, REALLY wanted curry. The Tandoori chicken from before was good, but it’s still not quite the same as having a load of yummy sauce to soak up in your caulirice 😉
This butter chicken was super easy and really hit the spot, and with just 6 ingredients, it’s dead simple as well!
The Cauliflower rice is likewise, really quick and easy so makes an awesome side dish 🙂
Butter Chicken Curry & Pilau Spinach Caulirice
12 g carbs, 48 g protein /serving
- 370 g Chicken Breast, Diced
- 65 g Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- 5 g Mild Curry Powder
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 30 g Tomato Puree
- 0.5 tsp Garam Masala
- 150 g Cauliflower Rice
- 100 g Frozen Spinach
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric
- 0.5 tsp Cumin
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Salt
- Step 1 Mix the yogurt and curry powder together in a bowl. Add the chicken and mix well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Step 2 In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of the ghee and cook the chicken on a medium heat until just cooked through.
- Step 3 Add the cream and garam masala with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 4 Prepare the cauliflower rice as per packet instructions.
- Step 5 Heat the spinach in the microwave until defrosted, squeezing out any excess water.
- Step 6 In a second saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee. Add the turmeric, cumin and garlic, cooking over a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Step 7 Add the cauliflower rice and spinach, stirring to coat thoroughly in the spices. Continue to cook until any excess moisture has evaporated. Add onion salt to taste.
- Step 8 Serve immediately topped with the curry.