This is one I’d been meaning to try for awhile but kept forgetting to buy smoked haddock…
In any case, it was worth the wait. Really simple and I didn’t miss the rice at all. Caulirice was a fine substitute and I added green beans instead of peas.
I couldn’t be bothered to boil eggs for the top, as you’d usually do with kedgeree, but scrambled mine into the mixture as I do for making fried rice.
10 g carbs, 36 g protein /serving
- 250 g Smoked Haddock
- 300 g Cauliflower Rice
- 200 ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 60 g Green Beans, chopped into 2 cm lengths
- 2 Medium Eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 4 tbsp Double Cream
- 5 g Mild Marsala Curry Powder
- Garam Marsala, Lemon and Coriander to serve
- Step 1 In a frying pan, lay out the haddock skin side up, add the almond milk and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes until the fish is just firm. Remove the fish to one side to cool (reserve the fishy milk).
- Step 2 Meanwhile, microwave the cauliflower rice for 2 minutes to heat through.
- Step 3 In a large frying pan, add the ghee and marsala spice and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Add the cauliflower rice and mix well to coat.
- Step 4 Stir through the green beans and the reserved almond milk, cooking for a further 5-6 minutes on medium heat until the beans are cooked and the liquid has nearly disappeared.
- Step 5 Make a well in the kedgeree and pour in the beaten eggs. Scramble gently, pulling in the kedgeree from the edges to mix once the eggs are nearly cooked.
- Step 6 Stir through the double cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 7 Serve topped with a little garam marsala spice, lemon juice and coriander.