I’m currently working on some variations to my favourite Taco Beef salad, to help mix up lunchtimes a little!
This is a really yummy take on ‘Yuk Sung’, using Chinese 5 Spice powder and sweetener to approximate the flavour of hoisin sauce. Water Chestnuts and bamboo shoots are pretty low carb as well, so help bulk this out to go further.
Chinese Minced Pork & Prawn Salad
6 g carbs, 34 g protein /serving
- 500 g Minced Pork (20% fat)
- 150 g King Prawns, cooked
- 100 g Sliced Water Chestnuts
- 100 g Bamboo Shoots
- 30 g Miso Paste
- 10 g Garlic, crushed
- 10 g Ginger, crushed
- 3 tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice Powder
- 1 tsp Xantham Gum
- Iceberg Lettuce Leaves to serve.
- Step 1 In a wok, fry the garlic and ginger in the coconut oil for a minute. Add the pork mince and cook until browned.
- Step 2 Add the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts, cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Step 3 Stir through the soy sauce, miso paste, 5-spice and sweetener, mixing well.
- Step 4 Sprinkle over the xantham gum and stir until combined and the liquid has thickened.
- Step 5 Add the prawns and sesame oil, cook for 2-3 minutes until heated and coated in the sauce.
- Step 6 Serve in a nest of lettuce. Top with coriander and/or sesame seeds if desired.