I very nearly didn’t post this, because who’s interested in cabbage soup?!
Then I changed my mind, because it really is lovely – a proper winter warmer and fantastic if you’re not feeling too well.
I make mine with a little pre-made carrot and swede mash because I like the touch of sweetness (and the extra vitamins), but this could be left out.
10 g carbs, 3 g protein /serving
- 150 g Cabbage, finely sliced
- 50 g Mashed Carrot & Swede (I used Aunt Bessie's Frozen)
- 300 ml Water, boiling
- 20 g Butter
- 5 g Garlic, crushed
- 1 Chicken Stock cube/pot
- 1 tbsp Double Cream
- Step 1 In a saucepan, melt the butter and cook the garlic over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Step 2 Add the sliced cabbage and fry gently, turning regularly until just softening, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Add the stock, water, carrot and swede, stirring until cooked.
- Step 4 Stir through the double cream and serve immediately