My absolute favourite pizza topping is ‘Capricciosa’, usually ham, olives, mushrooms, artichokes and tomato.
I’d been wanting to try this using the Fathead Pizza base, but because I forgot to defrost any, decided instead to make it into a baked dish, bulked out with cauliflower (because roast cauliflower is amazing anyway). Have to say, it worked really well and is definitely one I’ll be making again!
Customise to your liking and macro allowanced by adjusting the amounts of cheese, ham or tomatoes. This would also be very easy to adapt to a vegetarian recipe, simply by removing the ham.
Capricciosa Cauliflower Bake
- 100 g Cauliflower, cut into 2-3cm florets
- 60 g Chargrilled Artichoke Hearts, quartered
- 50 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 35 g Mozarella (mini balls, or a large one torn into pieces)
- 30 g Black Olives
- 25 g Italian Ham
- 10 g Parmesan, grated
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower, tomatoes, olives, artichokes, garlic and olive oil.
- Step 3 Tear the ham into pieces and mix into the rest, along with the mozarella
- Step 4 Transfer to a baking or casserole dish and top with the parmesan.
- Step 5 Bake for approximately 30 minutes until golden on top and the cauliflower is just starting to soften (but retains a good amount of ‘bite’).