Words cannot describe just how much I love this pasta dish, and I think it may actually have surpassed my Chorizo, Aubergine and Tomato recipe as my new favourite! I liked it so much, and it’s SO easy to prepare that I had it twice this week!
Shirataki noodles are stirred into a rich cream cheese, parmesan and tomato sauce, along with olives, artichokes, mushrooms and a healthy blob of garlic. I made this one without ham, but it can easily be included. I also contemplated adding some torn mozarella, but left it out because of my remaining protein allowance. Next time I’ll be making sure to allow for it!
6 g carbs, 9 g protein /serving
- 170 g Shirataki Noodles
- 75 g Mushrooms, quartered
- 60 g Chargrilled Artichokes, quartered
- 40 g Cream Cheese
- 30 g Black Olives
- 2 tbsp Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Galic, crushed
- Step 1 Prepare the noodles as per instructions (usually drain, rinse, boil for 2m, drain, rince) and set aside.
- Step 2 In the same saucepan, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic, mushrooms, artichokes and olives over a medium heat until the mushrooms are just cooked. Transfer to a dish and set aside.
- Step 3 Stir the cream cheese, double cream, tomato puree and half of the parmesdan together over a low heat until fully combined, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 4 Whilst still on low heat, mix in the noodles and vegetables, stirring until fully coated.
- Step 5 Serve immediately with the remainder of parmesan on top.