I bought a few munchkin pumpkins a few weeks ago because they are awesomely low in carbs, but hadn’t figured what to do with them. Then this week I bought a bag of beautiful salmon offcuts, so thought I’d experiment by combining a lot of my favourite miso-glazed foods into a single tray bake. Very pleased how it worked out – a lovely combination of salty, sweet and smoky which could be easily made vegetarian or vegan by omitting the fish and replacing with tofu.
Miso-glazed Salmon & Vegetables
11 g carbs, 34 g protein /serving
- 130 g Salmon, offcuts, cut into chunks
- 100 g Pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 100 g Aubergine, quartered and sliced
- 75 g Broccoli, cut into even florets
- 15 g White Miso Paste
- 2 tbsp Carb-free Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Gluten free, Tamari Soy Sauce
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds (optional) to garnish
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 180 C and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, mix the miso, soy sauce, coconut oil, garlic powder and syrup together. Heat for approximately 30 s in the microwave to loosen, and combine thoroughly.
- Step 3 Put the fish and vegetables into a large mixing bowl, stir in the dressing and mix until evenly coated.
- Step 4 Transfer the pumpkin pieces to the prepared baking sheet, and cook in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Step 5 After the 10 minutes, add the remaining ingredients to the tray and cook for a further 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Finish near the top of the oven if you feel it needs browning a little more.
- Step 6 Remove from the oven and transfer to your plate, finishing with the sesame oil and sesame seeds.